It has been AWHILE since I've posted. But to keep up with the blog, since it's happened over 2 months ago, I'll blog about my labor and delivery. On March 12th I had my 39 week appointment with Dr. Adibi. At my doctor appointment he told me I would be induced that next day. If induction went well the baby would be born on Friday, if not, he would do the C section Saturday morning. Either way she was coming before her due date on Monday.
I got decent sleep that night. We woke up and got to the hospital around 9 am, and they started the pitocin. I was on pitocin for 8 hours and had only mild contractions, and was only still 2 cm, her head at-3 station. At that point they stopped the pitocin, kept me overnight and gave me cervadil for 12 hours. The next morning, 3/14, the cervadil was removed, but there was still no change in dilation, cervical effacement or head position. Again they started the Pitocin at 9. The contractions started to get a bit stronger than the day before, and at 3 pm my water broke. At that time the inserted a cathode that meaured the intensity of contractions into my uterus. After my water broke the contractions got much worse. Josh was helping me through them. At 5 pm Dr. Kisthardt came in and said my contractions were hard enough to get the baby down, but the baby was not decending, so a C-section was in order. They brought me to the ER, gave me a spinal, and at 5:48 pm Jodi came into the world at 8lbs., 8oz., 21 inches. I was so exhausted and kind of out of it (thanks morphine), they brought her over to see me, and after stitching me up, a couple hours later I got to hold our baby girl. The most beautiful child I'd ever seen.
We left the hospital on 3/17, and life hasn't been better. She fills our lives with so much joy. We have our tough times, because as much as you think you know, you are NEVER going to be prepared for parenthood.
I am going to blog every three months on her growth and continue to post pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment