Friday, December 5, 2008

26 weeks and counting

On the 8th of December I will start my 26th gestational week. I have a doctors appointment in the evening. The doctor's appointments have been monthly, but after the next one on or around the 5th of January, I think they are every two weeks.

Jodi is moving constantly. There is a set schedule I can set my watch to. At about 4 am when I have to go to the bathroom I feel the first movements. She then slows down in the morning and picks up again at about 10 and doesn't stop until about 3. Then she picks up again about 7 pm and goes to bed at 10. However, if I'm up late, she's up. The kicks and punches in the morning and afternoon are so pronounced it almost hurts.

We are scheduled to get a 3D/4D ultrasound on 12/20. I'm excited to see what she looks like (other than the black and white blobs you get with a 2D ultrasound).

The nursery is painted. Pink. Of course. My favorite color. We just have to put another coat of paint on the closet doors and touch up the wainscotting. We also have some new nobs to put on the closet, and Home Depot has a really cute little ceiling fan for a little girls room. Oh, and we have to put up the blinds too, and clean out the closet.

December is a busy month. This weekend I want to put up the rest of the Christmas decorations, next weekend I want to work on the nursery and possible dinner with Wendye, the weekend after that is Christmas party and the ultrasound, then the weekend after that is Christmas weekend. I'll be 29 weeks by then.

Time does fly!!

1 comment:

Number One Uncle said...

Listen, if there is anyone in the whole entire world who can handle being pregnant, and doing so much shit, it is YOU. I can't WAIT for Jodi..